Chayton and Jackson

Chayton and Jackson

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Trying New Foods ...

Well, one of my New Year's goals was to try new foods. And that i am doing. I am actually pretty proud of myself. There is NO hiding the fact that i am addicted to Pinterest and have learned so many things from what i have pinned there. But i will tell you something- every recipe that i have tried so far that i have found there has been DELICIOUS! I am sure that in due time i may find one but i haven't found one to date. Last night we had Tomato-Basil Parmesan soup with Texas Toast and i still cannot stop raving over it.


And another one that i have tried tonight is Wonton Chicken Tacos (that is black beans with them).


 I have been looking for wonton wrappers in every store that i have been in for oh about 10 months, maybe longer. It would have made sense a long time ago to ask where they were but that would have been too easy. Well, thanks to Elizabeth- i now have wonton wrappers!! And tonight i decided to try 2 different wonton recipes just to see what i thought. You just saw the dinner recipe and i also made Parmesan Wonton chips. I followed the directions (which were SIMPLE) to a T and here is what the first ones came out looking like...(1st half). And my second try with a little modification to the directions on temperature of the oven and bake time, they turned out perfectly (2nd half)!!


Cannot wait to try them tomorrow. Now off to watch The Biggest Loser... my favorite show!!

No comments:

Post a Comment