Chayton and Jackson

Chayton and Jackson

Monday, October 15, 2012

. . . Meal Planning . . .

I usually try to plan my meals out for the week, or at least for Monday-Friday. I have realized how much this really helps things flow smoother in the afternoons when i get home from work. I have not been a huge crock pot chick but yesterday when i was looking through a stack of recipes that i have not tried, there were 3 that were healthy crock pot recipes that i decided to try. I REALLY need to love crock pot recipes because they do make your life so much easier after working all day. Naturally when i decided to try new recipes after already going to the grocery store, i had JJ make a quick trip back to get a few things. I usually pick my meals based on what i have gotten from the store but if i am going to try new crock pot recipes, i think it would be WISER to plan my meals first and then make a list. We will see how it goes. Here is what our menu looks like for the week...

Monday- Sour Cream and Onion Chicken
Tuesday- Pot Roast and Potatoes (non-crock pot but i cooked it yesterday so it is ready minus the potatoes)
Wednesday- Black Bean Chicken
Thursday- Creamy Parmesan Broiled Tilapia (not crock pot)
Friday- Easy Taco Soup (with chicken)

And for Saturday and Sunday, we usually eat out one day and/or decide the day of what we will have. Planning for the weekends are hard because that is usually when we have more to do. We will see how these turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment