Chayton and Jackson

Chayton and Jackson

Saturday, October 13, 2012

* The Color Run *

What a FABULOUS day today was. Months ago, I registered to run The Color Run 5k. It was all because I saw a picture on Pinterest (my fav site ever) and decided from that point that I was going to do it. Just one picture made my mind up.
This was the VERY picture that i pinned!!
I told myself time and time again that I was going to start running so I would be ready for the race. I wasn't going to be this fat girl walking because I wasn't able to run. As time grew closer, I never got off my rear and got myself ready for the race. I decided a few days ago that I was going to get back to running. I have it all planned out. However, just 2 days before the race, I was determined to back out. I couldn't do it. My vision of doing it was that it was going to be all of these skinny, seasoned runners running and I was going to be the stand out fat girl and the only one walking. Wednesday, I asked Jackson if I could get him registered, did he want to do it?! It wasn't much to my surprise that he did. From that point on, I was determined that I was going to run it. All because I could NOT let Jackson down! I knew that he would want to run the entire race. Today came and I was ready. I didn't care what I had to do, I was running the entire 5k race. I set my Garmin and we were off. We ended up running the whole time except for the areas that the colors were. Most people were on the outer areas so they would get "colored" more than those in the middle. And boy was there a line at each area. So we did get a few breaks. Jackson absolutely LOVED the race and wants to do more. It was perfect for me also because now I am motivated and that was the perfect jump start to my running regimen.
Me and Jackson after it was over. This was one of the BEST days that i have in a long time!!
 





2 comments:

  1. Love it!! You are a good mom and have made a wonderful memory by including Jackson! Looks like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much!! We had so much fun and i really needed to get started back. That was a FUN way to do it. You need to do it next time too...it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete