Chayton and Jackson

Chayton and Jackson

Monday, March 26, 2012

SPRING is HERE!

I love this time of year...time to clean things out, clean things up and get flowers planted. We spent the day yesterday doing just that. It was all on the backyard though. This year, we are adding a garden to our list of To-Do's so we will see how that goes. I am a little nervous about it but hope that it turns out ok. We got a lot of good advice from our neighbor, Brad, yesterday. We have contemplated doing either a raised bed garden or just tilling the area and planting in the ground...our final decision was to just do it like my dad did and plant in the ground. After hours of tilling yesterday, JJ and i decided today that it would be better just to bite the bullet and do raised bed gardens. HA! I guess all of the tilling was not a total waste because at least it marked the 2 places that we will add the raised beds. I cannot wait to get them made and get my lettuce, broccoli, bell peppers and strawberries planted. The other stuff isn't quite ready to plant time wise just yet. I have had my herbs planted for over a week now; my chives were still going strong from last summer!!
 I like the look of this...but not 4 tall.
Oh...what i wished that my home and garden looked like!!

I also got the back patio power washed and looking all sparkly clean. I just LOVE when the patio is that clean. It looks brand new. And i am just antsy waiting on my new patio furniture to be delivered. I ordered a new loveseat, 2 chairs and table for the back patio. That will make all the difference in the world. I still have to plant flowers in my window boxes and my hanging baskets and the flower bed but i am not sure just yet what i want to plant. But i cannot wait until it is all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment