Chayton and Jackson

Chayton and Jackson

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Post-Infective Bronchitis

Yes, that is the new diagnosis! I feel a lot better with things after today's visit with Dr O'Dea. He flat out told me that what he is putting me on will make me better by this time next week. I was hoping by Monday and that is still my hope. But at least there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I was kinda confused about the whole walking pneumonia diagnosis because my chest  x-ray looked ok. But until someone tells you differently, you just have to go with it. One thing that i have totally stressed over is the fact that Dr O'Dea did not want me going to work today or tomorrow. REALLY??!! He basically told me that if i did not stay home and rest the end of this week and weekend, that i will end up in the hospital. And let me just tell you...that will not happen for sure. I suppose i will listen because he would have to beat me and drag me by my hair, legs, arms, something to ever get me admitted to the hospital. After that being said, i did talk him into letting me work this afternoon to get some things done and agreed to stay off tomorrow. Here is what my medication has gone from...
Z-pack ----------->Avelox----------->Doxycycline
Tussionex---------->Tussicaps
Inhaler------------->Shot of steroid and Medrol dose pack

If that is not enough medications, i dont know what is!! As long as it works, i dont care how much i have to take. Today, i also started back on a multivitamin and on Milk Thistle, which flushes all of the toxins out of your body. Obviously, that is what i need. Maybe this is the last time you have to hear about me being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment