Chayton and Jackson

Chayton and Jackson

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

< CANCER is Everywhere >

We all hate the "C" word...CANCER!! And it just seems to me that it is everywhere these days. There are so many people affected by this nasty illness. There is no age too young to have it. It terrifies me so much just thinking about it. I don't want it and i don't want anyone else to have it either...meaning my kids, my husband, any of my family members and any stranger for that matter. There is so much more research and studies being done on diseases these days that the treatments are far better than years ago. That is a positive thing but it is still an ugly illness!
Having said that, as i sit here my heart just absolutely breaks for Little Lucy Krull (brain cancer) and also for Trey Erwin (adult pancreatic cancer as a teen). These are two very young kids that are having to endure such terrible diagnoses. Both of these kids have fought their illness so hard and have so much life left to live. There are so many people praying for a miracle for these two sweet families! 
Here is Lucy's mother's blog...  http://erikandkatekrull.blogspot.com/
Here is Trey Erwin's Caring Bridge... http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/treyerwin
My uncle Bud also found out that his esophageal cancer has recurred. Just not the doctor's visit that any of us want to ever have. Please pray for him and his family as well as he begins treatments for a second go round.

2 comments: