Chayton and Jackson

Chayton and Jackson

Monday, June 18, 2012

~ Motivated . . . At Least it is Occurring ~

This weekend i had BIG plans of getting things back in order in my house and life. I have been searching for MOTIVATION in the diet/exercise aspect and i think i am almost there but i did find motivation this weekend for other things. Those other things included srubbing my kitchen floor/grout with a scrub brush and a mixture i found on Pinterest and also sprucing up my back patio area. 
Let me start with the floor cleaning ...OH MY GOODNESS, if you use this mixture to clean your floor, you will have amazing results! It took me almost 2 hours to scrub my floor Saturday am. I scrubbed the grout along with all of the tile. It puts a whitish haze to the floor so you have to mop after that. I use Lavender Pine Sol to clean my floor and i mopped regularly three times and then went over the floor again with just water. Let me just tell you, i clean my floors often and when i mopped the first 1/3 of my kitchen floor, the water was black and i had to change the water. From that point, i changed the water 2 more times on the first mop job!! Then when i went over it a second time, same thing! That stuff REALLY got all of the funk off of my floors and i would have never thought it would look like that!! Kinda gross really but i will definitely clean them again with this stuff. Here is the mixture...
1/2 cup of baking soda
1/3 cup of ammonia
1/4 cup of vinegar
7 cups of warm water
* i put the water in my bucket first and then added the other things. Stir really, really good and i filled up a spray bottle with the mixture. AND DO NOT PUT NEAR BLEACH...not sure what will happen but it said not to do that.
I am really happy that i have found motivation to do good things but i have got to get exercise back at the top of the list!!! I am searching for it and i will find it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment