Chayton and Jackson

Chayton and Jackson

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

| HAPPY & HUNGRY |


Ahhhhh...Today i am feeling good. I am HAPPY and HUNGRY (ha...will get to that in a minute). I slept fabulous last night and usually do not sleep well. And it is a-mazing how much better you feel when you sleep. Now if i could just get my exercising incorporated into my schedule, i would be even more happy. And i am going to! 
The diet...yes, i am trying some other crazy weight loss plan that is called the "liver shrinking diet." This is a diet plan that bariatric surgeons give their patients 2 weeks before they are scheduled for gastric bypass or banding surgery. It is a diet that involves drinking protein drinks for breakfast and lunch (can add a small salad of lettuce with dallop of fat free dressing), 2 snacks (either a serving of fruit, carrots or 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese) and a healthy/low calorie dinner. The dinner consists of either 4oz lean protein with 1 cup raw/cooked green vegetables or you can have a healthy microwave meal (Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, Smart Ones) that is between 250-325 calories roundabout. I thought this was going to be a breeze because i enjoy the protein drinks and i like the microwave meals for the most part BUT it is much harder than it sounds. The protein drink if perfect for breakfast on the go. And the microwave meal is a perfect size for lunch. I am starving! I did better last night than i thought i was going to. I was so tempted to just give in and go get Wendy's a little while after having my meal. But, i didn't. And i am doing it today as well. We will see how later goes. They saw that you can lose 10-20 lbs in 2 weeks!! And that is a crazy amount but would be a good jumpstart. This is definitely NOT something anyone could do long term. I enjoy eating healthy foods that are good for you (lean protein, veggies, salads) and these meals are just not the best idea of a healthy dinner for me. I am definitely using will power here because it is not an easy thing to do.
I have also been wanting one of the fitness devices that they have out now that tracks your movement, eating habits, sleeping habits and motivates you to get up and move. There are several and the one that i was really wanting was LarkLife. Here is what it looks like...
Did my research on it and it was fair. 2.5 stars out of 5 was not convincing enough for me to pay $150 for. And the only color option at the time is blue! Don't get me wrong, i like blue but it is not stylish enough for me to wear it with nearly everything and on a daily basis. So i read more reviews and stumbled upon the UP by Jawbone. It basically does the same thing as the one above but the reviews were 4 stars out of 5 and most everything was positive with the comfort of the band, uploading the data, etc. So, i ordered it! And i get it today. There were several color options and i could not decide between light gray or black. But i ended up going with black. And here it is...
These were the only 2 that i could find that also monitored sleeping patterns. And i was really interested in that feature as well. Can't wait to have my package delivered and get it up and running. 



No comments:

Post a Comment